The content of this Website is for informational purposes only, and the information is provided in a general and abstract format. The application and impact of laws depend on the specific cases. Given the changing nature of laws, rules, and regulations, as well as the characteristics and nature of electronic communication, delays, omissions, or inaccuracies may occur in information contained on the Site. The information on this Site is provided on the understanding that it is not the responsibility of the authors and publishers to provide legal, accounting, tax, or any other professional advisory services. It should therefore not be used as a basis for any decision to be made without qualified professional assistance on a case-by-case basis. Before making any decision or taking any action, the reader should seek advice from Norfin’s professionals.
Norfin excludes its responsibility for any damages that may occur in connection with the information contained in this Site, for transcription errors or inaccuracies. In any case, Norfin, or any entity belonging to or related to the Group, agents, or employees, be liable to you or any third party for any decisions or actions taken by you based on the information conveyed by the Site or for any specific or similar damages, even after you have become aware of the possible damages resulting therefrom.
What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small file which asks your browser for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies do different and useful jobs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences i.e., likes and dislikes. They allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and help the web application tailor its operations to your needs.
There are different types of cookies. All cookies are either session or persistent cookies, which are explained below:
Session or Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies last only for the duration of your visit to a website and are deleted when you close your browser. They support tasks such as allowing a website to identify that a user of a particular device is navigating from page to page, supporting website security or basic functionality.
- Persistent Cookies last after you have closed your browser and allow a website to remember your actions and preferences. How long each Cookie remains on your computer’s hard drive varies and is specific to each individual Cookie. Where possible we set a maximum lifespan of 12 months for these types of Cookies.
First and Third-Party Cookies
- First party Cookies are those set by, or on behalf of, Norfin’s website. These enable the website to run at an optimum level and enhance the user experience. They are also used to remember your preferences.
- Third party Cookies are those which are set up by external companies or vendors. These Cookies are likely to be performance and targeting cookies, including analytics cookies to enable us to monitor and optimise our website.
Overall, Cookies help us provide you with a better website user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A Cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us, which will be captured by the Cookie on your hard drive.
Norfin use Session Cookies to identify which pages are being used, and for website use security purposes. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical and analysis purposes. These Cookies contain no personal information and are removed from your device once you leave the website.
Norfin use Persistent Cookies to allow us to analyse customer visits to our website. These cookies help us to understand how users arrive at, and use, our site so we can improve our service. Norfin does not use Persistent Cookies to provide targeted advertising based on the browsing history of the device.
Cookies we use
You cannot interact with the website until you have accepted your Cookie preferences. This change was made to comply with guidance from the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados.
We have categorised the Cookies we use as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to a user’s actions, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or completing online forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies; however, some parts of the website will then not work. These Cookies do not store any personally information about you.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these Cookies, then some or all these services may not function properly. The information these cookies collect is anonymised (i.e., it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.).
- Site Performance and Analytical Cookies: These Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous; however, they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site. If you do not allow the use of these Cookies, we will not know how customers use our online services and therefore, will not be able to monitor website performance.
- Social media Cookies: These Cookies enable us to track visits to our website, and to share our feeds with you on our webpage. They also allow website users to share content with friends and networks. If the use of these Cookies is not accepted, website users may not be able to use or see these tools.
By using Norfin’s website, you agree that the Cookies described above can be placed on your device. However, you can block them by following the methods outlined below.
The cookies we use are the following:
- _ga This cookie is set by Google Analytics. The _ga cookie is used to distinguish users and expires after 2 years (category: Site Performance and Analytical).
- _ga_ <container-id> This cookie is set by Google Analytics. _gat cookie is used to persist session state and expire after 2 years (category: Site Performance and Analytical).
When using the Norfin website, the cookies described above can be seen on your device. However, you can follow the methods described below.
If you do not want to accept Cookies; and how to remove Cookies
You can change the settings on your internet browser to accept all Cookies, to notify you when a Cookie is set, or not to receive Cookies at any time.
By switching cookies off (except for Strictly Necessary Cookies which are always enabled) you may lose some functionality, and some services may not be able to be provided to you. Furthermore, you will prevent us from obtaining valuable analytics information that helps us improve the content and functionality of our website.
If you want to delete any Cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
For further information about Cookies, plus help concerning how to disable and delete them, please go to All About Cookies or Introduction to cookies | About Cookies.